Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Things I should be getting done today.

I tried to spray the patio and driveway today.  I really did. Unfortunately the sprayer is not charged up so it will have to wait until tomorrow.  It' a shame too.  Today's high is a relatively tolerable if not muggy 84Fand there is no wind at all.  Oh well.

We have a huge property, about 1/6 of a block so spraying to keep the weeds down is a big deal.  If you have to spray more than once a year or your yard is any bigger than a postage stamp I cannot recommend one of these highly enough.  It will save your back.


We don't have one of those lawns that you see in Perfect Homes and the Well-To-Do People Who Own Them Magazine,  We don't have that kind of house either.  We purchased an old Victorian that had been converted first to housing for nuns and later 5 apartment units for drunken college students.  It's been an adventure, to say the least.  It's also been time-consuming, expensive and at times, painful.  We've ripped out 3 full kitchens, 7 doorways, and countless false walls. We've remodeled 3 bathrooms, 2 kitchens, 4 bedrooms and we are nowhere near done.  That's just the inside.

So you see, there is always something to do.  A broken  down Victorian will teach you humility and it will teach you how to manage guilt.  Which brings me to the other things I should be doing today.  My kids taxes, my mom's shopping, and diving into the big pile of financial doo-doo I'd like to take care of before school hits the fan.

We'll see.

No comments: